- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound lean ground beef or meatloaf mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon worchester
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup plain breadcrumbs , gluten free work as well
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese , finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil , chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme , chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper , optional
- extra virgin olive oil spray
Position rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat oven to 400℉
In a large bowl lightly combine meat, eggs, milk, worchester, and tomato sauce. Set aside.
In a medium bowl combine breadcrumbs, parmesan, garlic and herbs until well combined.
Gently incorporate the bread crumbs into the ground meat until just combined.
Using a large scoop roll meat mixture into 2″ meatballs. Arrange on a heavy nonstick baking sheet.
Spray the tops of the meatballs lightly with olive oil.
Bake in the lower third of the oven for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.