- 1 lb mixed berries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 cup butter , cubbed and chilled
- 1/4 cup coconut oil , chilled
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup , amber my favorite for this
Preheat oven to 350 and grease a pie pan or small baking dish.
In a medium bowl toss berries with vanilla, lemon zest and corn starch. Pour your filling into the prepared baking dish and set aside.
In the bowl of a food processor combine oats, flour, baking powder, salt, shredded coconut, and spices Pulse on low until just combined.
Add your butter and coconut oil and pulse until pea sized clumps form. Careful not to over pulse the topping.
Spoon your topping evenly over the filling. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until the top in golden brown and your filling is bubbling around the edges.
Serve the crumble warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
* Make this recipe vegan by using all coconut oil.