Yield: 24 Small Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 7 Tablespoons Salted Butter , Partially melted *
- 1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Egg , Room Temperature
- 1 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 ℉.
- In a medium bowl whisk melted butter, eggs, and vanilla until well combined and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl whisk flour, baking soda, and salt. Combine your dry ingredients with the wet ingredients using a wooden spoon. Be careful not to over mix. Stir in your chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping tablespoon-size balls of dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with a silpat or parchment paper.
- Bake until lightly browned around the edges, but still soft in the center. About 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and allow to cool slightly on baking sheet for 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely. Store in an air tight container at room temperature for up to one week.
*I microwave the butter until it’s at least half melted. This gives you a cookie that is crisper in the edges but still soft in the middle. For a crisp cookie melt the better and for a soft chewy cookie soften instead of melting!