- 4 bone in chicken thighs , skin on
- 4 chorizo chicken sausage , cut in half
- 4 large russet potatoes , washed and cut into 2" chunks
- 1 cup red and orange bell mini peppers
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , popped with a fork
- 1 yellow onion , peeled and quartered
- 4 whole cloves of garlic
- 6 pimento stuffed green olives , optional
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon orange zest
- 4 springs cilantro , plus more for serving
Preheat oven to 425℉ and make sure there are racks positioned in the bottom and middle of the oven.
In a small bowl combine the spices, set aside.
Drizzle the olive oil in the bottom of a baking tray. Coat both sides of the chicken with the olive oil.
Add the potatoes and chorizo to the bottom of the baking tray with the chicken. Sprinkle with half of the spice mixture.
Top the chicken mixture with the peppers, onions, and tomatoes. Sprinkle with the rest of the spice mixture and sprigs of cilantro.
Bake for 30 minutes on the lowest rack.
After 30 minutes baste the chicken with the pan juices and move to the middle of the oven for 30 minutes or until the chicken cooks through.
Once cooked let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
*This recipe was inspired by Nigella’s Spanish Chicken with Chorizo and Potatoes